So…. it’s my birthday. And I am officially 23 years old – which is still relatively young. What I’m trying to say is that by no means am I old enough to give you valuable life advice, but I’m sure going to try. Here are 23 things that I’ve learned in my 23 years of living.
1. Say ‘yes’ as often as you can, and ‘no’ when it matters.
2. Don’t give up on the things that you can’t stop thinking about.
3. Karma is real.
4. Friendships take work.
6. An LBD is timeless.
7. Alone time is necessary.
8. Immerse yourself in the things you love.
9. Every trend will not look good on you. There’s a reason I don’t wear flared pants.
10. Embrace incredible words and expand your vocabulary.
11. Write thank you letters.
13. The word “Sorry” doesn’t have to taste bitter coming out of your mouth. Apologize when you’re in the wrong, apologize when it will end a stupid fight – life is too short.
14. Surround yourself with successful people, and become successful through osmosis.
15. Cats can be cool. Dogs are still better.
16. Don’t be afraid to love, and love deeply.
17. Your hobbies do not need to become your career.
18. Traveling will change you. Creatively blocked? Board a plane. Works every time.
20. Emma Watson can do no wrong.
21. Forget FOMO. Doing what you want to do will always be the right decision.
22. I would not be anywhere near the person I am today without the incredible, intelligent, empathetic, resilient and supportive people in my family.
23. Don’t give all your secrets away.